About Pompeii Tour from Naples
Pompeii, typical lunch, local crafts. The from Naples to Pompeii tour has been designed to discover art, history, folklore and archaeology in one of the most typical regions of southern Italy.
From 1 April to 31 October: every day
From 1 November to 31 March: Thursday – Friday – Sunday Minimum 6 people.
Time: Full day
Duration: about 8 hours
Pompeii is an Italian municipality whose incredible historical richness makes Campania region fundamental for the national tourism. As a consequence of the dreadful Vesuvius Volcano eruption, occurred in 79 AD, Pompeii was totally covered by ashes. Pompeii was not the only roman town hard hit by this cruel fate; Ercolano, Torre del Greco and Torre Annunziata were implicated in this appalling event as well.
After an exhausting and complicated excavation work begun in 1738 and lasted for centuries, it is our great good fortune to contemplate these places today. Thanks to the from Naples to Pompeii tour, visitors will have the occasion to walk through these archaeological treasures.
Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of the ancient city. Follow your guide through the ghostly streets of Pompeii, buried under tons of volcanic ash when Mont Vesuvius erupted in A.D. 79, killing 2,000 inhabitants. The town was discovered 1,700 years later and now is a remarkably well-preserved archaeological site, where you’ll get a real sense of how life was in an ancient Roman colony. The guided tour ends at Pompeii Ruins.
From Naples to Pompeii Tour includes
|LOCATION OF START / RETURN||Molo Beverello, Port of Naples
(in front of the “PIC NIC” Bar)
We will reach Pompei running along Ercolano, Torre del Greco and Torre Annuniziata
|PICK UP TIME||10:45
(possible delays may be caused by logistic problems)
|RETURN TIME||About 18:00|
|CLOTHING||Comfortable sportswear, sneakers.
During summer period, we recommend that you wear hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
For safety reasons, you are permitted only medium and small backpacks. Nor are you allowed to carry large backpacks, camping gear, bulky bags, luggage or liquids.
Tour stops working:
December 25 and January 1
What to see in From Naples to Pompeii Tour
What will capture our attention is the strong presence of elements linked to religion, social and economic life of that era; it means that Pompeii represents a concrete proof of the ancient roman people habits.
- One of the most important ruins is the magnificent Forum. It can be regarded as our current square; it was the place consecrated to trade affairs, political debates and the place where the inhabitants used to spend their time chatting about several issues.
- The Stabian Baths were the place where ancient Roman people used to rest and get their strength back. It is another very interesting testimony of roman people’s free time.
- The Temple of Jupiter and the Temple of Apollo are discoveries that concern the religious dimension. These temples were obviously the sacred buildings of Pompeii.
- The Amphitheatre of Pompeii has re-emerged too. It had a function comparable to Coliseum; it was used to entertain spectators with wild fights between gladiators.
- Solidified bodies have been found too; When the Vesuvius Volcano’s tragedy occurred, the inhabitants were in the town struggling with their usual daily tasks and were surprised in such acts.
This from Naples to Pompeii tour offers visitors the chance to imagine more concretely how the inhabitants’ life was articulated. The effect will be an immersion in a totally different world.
PORT OF NAPLES
Torre del Greco
TORRE DEL GRECO
PORT OF NAPLES
Molo Beverello Porto di Napoli , 80133 Napoli NA