Days of the week: Every Wednesday
Time: High season April to October
Duration: max 10 hours
Minimum 6 people per language (Ita, Eng, Spa, Rus, Jap)
Civita Bagnoregio – The Dying Town is considered one of the most beautiful villages in Italy and every year it is visited by thousands of thousands of people who come from all over the world to admire its timeless appearance and the magical aspect that can be perceived walking through its narrow alleys.
Perched on a hill, threatened by earth and soil erosion, to reach it you have to cross a 200-meter long bridge from the nearest hill to the gateway to the historic center. Civita Bagnoregio The Dying Town counts only 11 inhabitants due to the condition of structural precariousness that has emptied the country. In recent years, although several have been renovated and summer host foreign artists and vacationers and today Civita is experiencing a new phase of development, thanks to tourists who come every year to admire it but at the same time made it necessary to have controlled access to do not damage the fragile balance of ancient structures.
The dying town is located in the center of the Valle dei Calanchi, between the two valleys called Fossato del Rio Torbido and Fossato del Rio Chiaro, which once were the access road that led from the Tiber valley to Lake Bolsena.
Access to the bridge may be subject to restrictions due to weather conditions.
- Visit the historic town of Bagnoregio, The Dying Town
- Explore Orvieto one of the most ancient cities in Italy, a remarkable place to visit Orvieto Underground
- Taste a delicious Italian lunch in a local restaurant
- Ticket entrance fee to Civita di Bagnoregio Along the road some 75 miles north of Rome, street signs signal to drivers that they’re approaching Civita di Bagnoregio, “The Dying Town“
- Round trip transportation from and to Termini Station.
- Physical medical restriction difficult (wheelchair accessibility, height, weight, etc.)
- Minimum group size 6 maximum 25
- Bulky luggage is not allowed
|LOCATION OF START / RETURN||Meeting point Glt Terminal Via Giovanni Amendola, 32|
|PICK UP TIME||7:00 am / 7.30 am (within Aurelian Walls)|
|CHECK-IN TIME / MEETING POINT||7:15 am|
|STARTING TIME||8:00 am|
|CLOTHING||Put on comfortable sport wear and sneakers, hat, sunglasses..|